Wednesday, December 27, 2017

TTM Return From Diablo Joel Crisler

1980 TCMA El Paso Diablos #11
The Diablos were the Angels AA affiliate from 1974 thru 1980.
Joel Crisler was drafted by the Angels in 1976 out of South Georgia College, and played in the Angels system from 1977-1981 going 41-42 with a 4.22 ERA. He threw a no-hitter for the Quad Cities Angels in 1977, won 16 games for the Salinas Angels in 1978, and won the League Championship with the Salt Lake City Gulls in 1979.

Joel very graciously answered a few questions for me.

I received this back on December 18, after 13 days, sent to his home in Georgia.


3 comments:

  1. Very cool return - it looks like he really took the time to think and answer those questions authentically! Those Diablos jerseys though... very McDonalds-like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'mon, Tony! Those Diablos jerseys are cool! You gotta figure the main colors of fire would be woven into the uniforms somehow. It's a lot of yellow, but I think they're unique and I really like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometime in the last week, there was a "Card of the Day" on Trading Card Database that pictured a player in this uniform. My comment was that it was awesome and needs to come back. Days later, I stand by my statement!

    ReplyDelete