Saturday, August 26, 2017

I Got Vottoed

A while back I let Chris (Nachos Grande) know that I was starting a mini, behind-the-scenes, Joey Votto PC. The idea for the PC was just to get his Topps Flagship card for each year he's played, and not an all-out everything Votto...at least not just yet (since I have my hands full enough with all my other collections). I was hoping that Chris, being the Reds fan he is, had some dupes for trade. He did, and what he sent completely changed my goal for the PC. I think now I'll also look for Votto's early cards from all manufacturers.

Out of the team bag of Votto cards Chris sent, I picked out a few to show.

2008 Topps Chrome #196

2008 Topps Opening Day #218

2008 Upper Deck Documentary #1880

2008 Topps Heritage T205 Mini #HTCP6 
I love the elementary school pose for this one.

Not sure why I latched onto Joey Votto in the first place, I think maybe because he's just so stinkin cool, not to mention that he's just so stinkin good too.

Thank you Chris for helping my new Votto collection get some legs under it.

No comments:

Post a Comment