Saturday, November 29, 2014

Junior Angels

I may have used that post title in the past, but I'm gonna run with it anyway.

I was a Junior Angel in the 70's.  You know how it works: pay 5 bucks and get a bunch of free tickets and cool stuff.
Still have a Junior Angel Membership Card somewhere.

Most teams still have similar offers for kids and families.
I think it's great.

Anyhow, a handful of Angels came from Junior Junkie (see the pun?), he's been enveloping the blog world lately, seen lots of posts of his mailings.  All good stuff, these Angels included.

1995 Dennys Hologram

Tried 3 times to get the hologram to pop out in the scan, it wouldn't.
That's a shame too because it's a really sweet card in real life.


1998 Topps Gold Label

This bad boy scanned just fine.
The Gold Label cards are very appealing cards, I just don't get the Class setup, which I noted in a previous post about a team set recently finished.


1996 Upper Deck Future Stock Prospects

I didn't scan it but the statistics on the back of card show George NOT playing more than playing.
Something like this:
Minor League Experience
91 - DID NOT PLAY IN MINOR LEAGUES
92 - DID NOT PLAY IN MINOR LEAGUES
93 - (statistics line)
94 - (statistics line)
95 - (statistics line)
Major League Experience
94 - DID NOT PLAY IN MAJOR LEAGUES
95 - DID NOT PLAY IN MAJOR LEAGUES
0-YEAR TOTALS - NO MAJOR LEAGUE EXPERIENCE

So I have to assume that in 94-95 he was on the Major League team but he didn't get to play.
Just makes for a not pretty statistic table.


1992 Studio

Four down two to go for the team set.
Is it necessary to label the checklist card "Checklist" when it obviously is a checklist?


2014 Stadium Club

Ah CJ Cron.
CJ Cron is going to do big things in 2015, I can feel it.
But he kinda looks like John Lackey and that bother me.


Thanks Junior.

No comments:

Post a Comment